- Growing national IT company with real career growth opportunities
- Five weeks annual leave incentive | Free day of birthday leave
- Immediate start available | Competitive salary | Flexible working arrangements
- Expression of interest position
Our customer offering is broad and includes many exciting specialist areas to solve IT challenges and provide tailored solutions. Our well established and rapidly growing team operates with over 400 staff nationally, powered by innovation and excellent customer service.
Every Voice Counts – When you join our team, your skills and ideas will be welcomed.
Be Remarkable – Your contribution is key to our success.
Do What’s Right – We make a point of keeping our skills current and increasing our impact.
Create Connections – Your manager acts as a mentor to help guide you and your career.
Our business rewards hard-work and initiative. Internal career opportunities are possible in the long term to grow with our company, as we enter an exciting new phase.
What are the perks & benefits?
- A free day of leave on your birthday
- Five weeks annual leave incentive
- Employee discounts for IT Equipment
- Long term career development
- Flexible working arrangements possible
What will you be doing?
Every day will bring exciting new challenges for you. You will be providing services across multiple vendor/vertical technologies, with a focus on delivering excellent Windows or Apple based technology-centric services.
You enjoy designing solutions and making other people’s designs come to life. You respect change management and the principal of measure twice, cut once. The job is not done until your work documented and processes are repeatable by others.
You will handle various support tickets, attend regular visits for high value managed service and prepaid support engagements, deliver project engineering services (design and implementation) you will have the opportunity to work onsite at our clients site, responsible for their IT needs end to end.
What are we looking for in you?
- You are either a great Windows or Apple focused Systems Engineer. If you have skills on both platforms you are very desirable!
- Excellent Communication with Customers – both technical and non technical
- Self motivation and self management
- Excellent time management skills
- Working in Education Environments
- Understanding of the clients’ IT infrastructure including the network environment and infrastructure
- Ability to install and configure endpoint protection as part of a management solution
- Solid experience in developing communications and documentation
- Experience in private education, higher education, & corporate enterprise are highly desirable
Windows Systems Engineer pre-requisites:
- Microsoft Server skills 2012 and above
- Working with Virtual environments, predominantly VMWare and Hyper-V
- Ability to install and configure new Server and Storage environments (Physical and Virtual)
- Experience with design and system architecting
- Strong experience with suite of Microsoft products including Office 365
- Understanding basics of network concepts including firewalls, routing, VLANS, DHCP, DNS, broadcasts, multicasting
- Strong networking infrastructure experience
- Experience supporting and administering Active Directory Domains e.g. OU’s, namespace, groups, GPO.
- Skilled engineer with strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- SCCM, Autopilot and Intune experience is highly desirable
- Cloud environment experience is highly desirable
Apple Systems Engineer pre-requisites:
- A good understanding of Apple technologies, less focused on legacy management techniques, more so on modern MDM (mobile device management) workflows is required
- Cross platform support, administration and/or consulting is required
- Jamf Pro Integration and management experience with certification is highly desirable
- VMware Workspace One UEM (AirWatch) experience is highly desirable
- A deep understanding of packaging and scripting on the Apple platform is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2016, 2019 administration, focused around identity & certificate management is highly desirable
- Experience with cloud identity providers (Azure, Okta, Google Cloud, etc) is highly desirable
What else do you need to apply?
- You meet the pre-requisites of either a Windows or Apple Systems engineer. If you have skills on both platforms you are very desirable!
- Minimum 4 years of IT industry experience
- A relevant cover letter
- Start within a 4-week time frame, ideally
- Travel on-site when required
- Must be an Australian resident available to work full time without restrictions
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Additional qualification checks may be required
CompNow will provide and require all successful applicants to complete a current National Police check as well as a new or updated state-based Working With Children Check.
Made it this far and don’t meet every single requirement? Don’t count yourself out just yet – you may be exactly the person we are looking for! At CompNow we are dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workplace based on merit, great work, ethics and character.
Thank you for your interest in CompNow, and we look forward to receiving your application. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. No phone, email, or agency requests.
As this is an expression of interest job, you may not hear a response regarding your application until an opportunity arises.